Thursday, February 14, 2013

Thursday morning

Gator's Chart of the Day: NDAQ
This one surfaced on one of the scans I ran after the close on Wednesday.  I was surprised I've never looked at it before.  The view above looks like a move from a volatility squeeze but it's been in progress for over a month and yet volume has been quite high all week.  Wednesday was almost a bullish engulfing candle  and the 3 minute chart showed heavy buying into the close.  If you look at the daily chart for 9 months it gets  scary parabolic and with the SP-500 within 30 points of my target this might seem to be too much risk to enter a trade now.  I don't think so. The forward P/E is only 10 and this company can make money even with the general market tanking.

The Trade 
While an entry around 29.50 - 30 might be more comfortable I doubt it comes back down.  I think it may grind sideways but I would welcome a pullback and bounce for a better entry.  I plan to start small and add if the stock continues higher.  The initial stop would be a little under Tuesday's low of 29.93.  Once in the trade I plan to hold as long as it continues higher so I'll likely use the preceding day's low dictate my stop.