Monday, March 26, 2012

Monday Morning Thread

LNKD Daily chart


LNKD broke out on strong volume last Wednesday from an extended base on base. The immediate catalyst was an upgrade from GS. The breakout was in some question with the tombstone doji on Wednesday, but Thursday and Friday it consolidated the position trading back and forth across the 100 mark on declining volume. This is the kind of volume you want to see in a consolidation from a breakout.


I got nervous and took some profits on a portion of my position on Thursday when the stock opened lower into the gap but I will buy back if it dips again, or higher if I have to. I look to hold this stock through the Facebook IPO and I believe it will be the subject of "window dressing" accumulation. Year to date LNKD is up 57.91%, which is ahead of both PCLN (up 52.87%) and AAPL (up 47.17%)